LA CALACA PRESS International Print Exchange
La Calaca Press and Expressions Graphics invite you to participate in the first LA CALACA PRESS International Print Exchange and Exhibition. This exchange is open to printmakers from the USA and abroad. The purpose of this exchange is to promote printmaking and create connection with artists around the world.
• Deadline date: Prints must be received by September 15, 2011
• Please RSVP by e-mail to: Carlos Barberena at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Theme: “CALACAS” Day of the Dead / Open to your own interpretation.
• Media: Any traditional Printmaking process: Relief, Linocuts, Woodcuts, Intaglio, Lithography, Serigraphy, Collograph, etc. - NO DIGITAL PRINTS OR PHOTOCOPIES -
• Paper Size: 9 inches by 7 inches. Print/image size is open. *Please use any Archival Paper or Hand made Paper. (No Exception)
• Edition: 15 identical hand-pulled, original prints, include glassine sheets or tissue paper between each print, cut to match paper size.
•Each Print must be Signed and Numbered on the front.
• Fee: $15 USD or $20 International paid via PayPal to: email@example.com or a Check made out to: Carlos Barberena (Checks from US Banks only) This Fee covers the costs of postage and promotion of the project and Exhibits. *Fee is non-refundable.
• Exhibitions: The selected prints will be exhibited at:
1- Expressions Graphics in Oak Park, IL in Nov. 2011.
2- Casa de los Tres Mundos in Granada, Nicaragua November 2nd. 2011.
3- Lauderhill Arts Center, Florida, January 2012.
• A Portfolio of 12 randomly selected prints will be mailed to each participant early November 2011. We will keep 3 Prints from each edition submitted to the exchange: 1 print will remain at Expressions Graphics and 2 at La Calaca Press for traveling exhibitions and promotional purposes.
• All prints submitted will be put in a web gallery and may be reproduced to promote this project. Please visit http://calacapress.blogspot.com for more info.
• IMPORTANT: All prints must conform to the guidelines. Any prints that do not fit the guidelines will be returned to the artist. *Fee is not refundable.
• Please RSVP by e-mail to Carlos at firstname.lastname@example.org and mail submission to:
LA CALACA PRESS Print Exchange Submission FormPlease complete this form and mail with your print submission. To be received by September 15, 2011.
Artist’s name: _____________________________________________________________________
Mailing Address: ___________________________________________________________________
Artist’s e-mail: _____________________________________________________________________
Artist’s website: ___________________________________________________________________
Title of work:______________________________________________________________________
Artist’s Signature: _______________________________________ Date: _____________________
* I accept the conditions and requirements of participation.
• Send an e-mail RSVP to Carlos at email@example.com
• Include 15 original hand-pulled prints. Paper Size: 9 x 7 inch.
• $15 USD or $20 International paid via PayPal to: firstname.lastname@example.org or a Check made out to: Carlos Barberena (Checks from US Banks only) This fee covers the costs of postage and promotion of the project and Exhibits.
• Include glassine or tissue paper between each print.
• Sign and number prints. (Example 1/15, 2/15,...15/15).
• Include this submission form.
•Please visit http://calacapress.blogspot.com
Download the PDF Submission Form Here